- More Than Two – Franklin Veaux , Eve Rickerts – Really digs deep into ethics of polyamory and has tips to considder before opening up, how to start and the skills you need to develop.
- Opening Up – Tristan Taormino – Covers how to get started, what to think about, the different variations of polyamory/non-monogamy and common pitfalls. Has a good chapter on how to deal with jealousy.
- The Ethical Slut – Dossie Easton, Janet W. Hardy – A good historical marker on sex-positive open relationships.
- The Jealousy Workbook: Exercises and Insights for Managing Open Relationships – Kathy Labriola Labriola as a counsellor has lots of practical advice for handling open relationships.
- Mating in Captivity – Esther Perel thertical and practical advice for recreating the spark in relationships
Poly en BDSM
- Power Circuits – Raven Kaldera – a discussion of how polyamory can work in BDSM-relationships.
- Love in Abundance – Kathy Labriola – Considers relationships with BDSM components and also “secondary” partners.
Other interesting books:
- Love in Abundance – Kathy Labriola – Labriola is a counsellor and has a lot of practical advice for handling open relationships. Considers relationships with BDSM components and also ‘secondary’ partners.
- Redefining our Relationships – Wendy-O-Matic – a guideline for responsible open relationships.
- The five love languages – Gary D. Chapman – a religiousesque focus but the discussion about different needs people have for expressing love is OK
- Sex at Dawn – Christopher Ryan, Cacilda Jetha – an examination of the evolution of human sexuality, discussing why we’re not wired physically or emotionally for monogamy. Also looks at how different societies over time have structured themselves to be stable with non-monogamous family units.